Navigation

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Corrupted Control Template : well there's an error I've not seen before!

There I was .. doing some (behind the scenes) coding work on an accessibility project....
 
and I got this ...
 
Corrupted Control Template. Please check RenderingTemplate of RichImageField in the control template ascx file.

 
What caused it???
 
Well ... it was admittedly totally my fault. I deleted one of the OOB files in ControlTemplates .. specifically "DefaultTemplates.ascx".
 
We were working with the field control rendering (like text box, drop-down list .. etc) and I accidentally deleted one of the files.
 
Still .. at least I'll know what it is next time :D


1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin

    I've come across this error too, but needed a different solution. I've blogged about it here:

    http://spfarm.blogspot.com/2011/06/sharepoint-corrupted-control-template.html

    Cheers
    Howard

    ReplyDelete

This blog has been moved to www.martinhatch.com

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.